View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
book conversion workflow?

for a technical writing class, I'm doing a project on creating a universal ebook - one that can be read equally well on smart phones, Kindles, epub readers, and tablets. I know there are several good resource books out there, but they all seem to focus on either Kindle or epub readers (or, in one case, iPads). I'm trying to create a (mostly) universal document in part to avoid getting into too much HTML and CSS issues - my target audience is a naive but willing user, so I'm not assuming much HTML or CSS knowledge.

After lurking her and at the Sigil forum, it seems that the best workflow is to create the document in Word (I'm assuming a Windows environment), convert to epub with Calibre, clean up the formatting with Sigil, and then convert to mobi with Calibre.

Is this too complex? Does this make sense?

The type of document I'm assuming is maintenance and repair procedures for a small business.

Remember, please, this is a writing exercise, and not intended for life beyond the needs of this class. (it's also a good excuse for me to learn Calibre and Sigil.)

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote