View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Huh. I wasn't expecting that .

I'd go with libarchive, it has a great API, and it just recently picked up RAR5 support.
I'm going from memory, but I thought libarchive was for unpacking entire archive files. The nice thing about using the unrar library is that you can open the files one at a time as needed. It saves on diskspace while reading, and makes startup much faster (you don't have to wait for the entire archive to be unpacked).

The pbimageviewer code I worked on for PocketBook devices unpacks single files. The source code for that is available if you want an idea of how much work it would be to implement.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote