View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast
OrangeFlavored doesn't litterOrangeFlavored doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Is there any way to backup/restore reading progress to Calibre?

I know I asked this a year or two ago and the answer was basically no, but curious if something has changed since then. Back when I was using my old Kobo H2O I always liked being able to automatically backup all my reading progress to Calibre each time I plugged it in using KoboUtilities plugin, or push it all back to the device when necessary. Even integrated with goodreads so it would update my finished status on there when it did so... Kinda miss the functionality since switching to my Likebook Mars and using KOReader as the main reader app.

Experimented around a bit with the auto-sync feature built into KOReader which could maybe potentially serve a similar purpose but I think it's limited to the specific book you're reading? Or is there a way to push reading progress for your entire library at once? I usually leave wifi off since it has a large impact on battery life for my device so updates are kind of sporadic and mostly happen when I specifically go out of my way to let it sync.

Also doesn't necessarily have to go through Calibre (though that would be preferred) but if someone knows of another good quick way to backup/restore your reading positions and started/finished/etc status for your entire library at once that might be good enough for me for now, since I could probably just use KOReader on whatever new device I get in the future anyway and import that data.

Edit: Oh, actually looking at the contents of my SD card it looks like that data is stored in a pretty easily readable form in the same folder as the epub files... I guess backing that up should be easy enough.

Last edited by OrangeFlavored; 03-12-2020 at 03:36 PM.
OrangeFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote