View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Please realize that we just got approved for ADE about three weeks or so ago. The factory worked its fanny off trying to make it a pleasant experience... but the main impetus was to get it up and running. THAT was first and foremost.

Dale DePriest of this forum has emailed me all the problems and I have sent them to the factory. They are planning to get it just right!
I do realize that as jinke tweaks the firmware it will get better. My main point was that whatever it was in the earlier firmware that was causing my EZ-Reader to constantly crash when I used an official firmware seems to have been fixed. Along with the extra fact that it now supports digital editions epub drm.

Robert I'm not knocking the jinke reader. It seems to be a fairly good device, I bought it instead of a sony because of the multitude of formats that it supports. I just had problems with mine which doesn't seem to be the case for the majority of people but it isn't uncommon either.

I also didn't work with your customer support department trying to fix my problem aside from one email exchange where they offered to sell me new battery, which annoyed me greatly. I don't deal well with customer support people from any company and that is totally a personal problem of my own not Astaks. At least whoever it was that replied could write understandable english. In this day and age that is a huge plus.

It's possible that I just had a defective unit but Open Inkpot worked on it fine so I kept it. Now it seems that the firmware from jinke also works fine so it seems my reader wasn't defective there was something in the firmware that was causing the problem. Hopefully if there is anyone else out there that is still fighting a reader that freezes and or reboots spontaneously this new firmware will take care of that.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote