View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Duplicate covers from Calibre.

I am getting duplicate cover pages in the calibre output from Sigil files.

In Sigil, the first two files of the document are Cover.xhtml and Title Page.xhtml (also an image). After compiling the Sigil file with Calibre, two cover pages appear in all outputs (epub, lrf, and mobi).

On checking the Calibre file, I have found that a new file has been inserted at the beginning entitled titlepage.xhmtl. This new file contains the cover image and is encoded as <title>Cover</title>. This is the source of the duplicate. The cover image is ticked as Cover in the Sigil Book Browser.

After checking with Kovid and sending him both the Sigil file and the Caliber file I received the following answer:

Quote from Kovid
"The problem is that the sigil file doesn't identify the cover as a cover. There needs to be a guide element in the OPF file. Compare it with the OPF from the calibre epub. "

How can I look at the OPF file in Sigil? Can I edit if necessary? As a workaround, I could make it match Calibre.
His quick fix of adjusting Calibre doesn't seem to work. I'm dead in the water for production.

Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote