Thread: epub TOC
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
The Parts or Sub-books of some books begin with an image. Sometimes I do this myself. This is no problem in Mobi, LRF, or Imp since these formats use the internal TOC. The TOC remains in order regardless of the link to an image.

However, epub builds the TOC differently and always moves the links to images to the bottom of the TOC so the Parts or Sub-books are out of order. The only way I have found to overcome this is to insert a text header prior to the image which defeats the purpose of the image.

The internal TOC still shows up fine.

Is there some way to overcome this?

Charlie
If you have each chapter as a separate file, then all the ToC does is call the specific file. No need to link to any specific part of a file as the file itself starts the new chapter.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote