View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #7
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
The question is, did you create that page manually witht he footnote at the bottom or does the software place footnotes on the correct page automatically?
The footnotes are created automatically on the base of html links and notes found in the loaded book. But to clarify this point I have to explain in more details how BookDesigner works.

BD is a soft which allows the user to convert, edit and create many types of e-books.

First, it loads an input file (txt, doc, rtf, html, lit, pdf, fb2, prc, pdb, rb, html0) and converts to its inner format (html0, which is an html-like language with picture resources included). During this transformation an input book is converted to a paper-book-like structure consisting of paragraphs, titles, subtitles, epigraphs, etc.

When the html0 book is loaded the user has a possibility to edit it. Mainly the manual editing is not necessary, but if the user wants to change something (say, to convert some paragraphs to epigraphs or to insert a picture), this can be done in several clicks. For the convenience of usage, the program marks book elements with different colors.

As soon as the html0 book is ready, it can be converted to any type of e-books supported by the program. The output e-book formats are: txt, doc, rtf, html, lit, pdf, fb2, rb, imp, lrf, prc, pdb, klm, html0, BookImage (graphic files with clickable links).
The devices and reading programs for which the e-books can be created are: iLiad, Sony Librie, Rocket eBook, REB1100, REB1200, GEB1150, GEB2150, Palm, Pocket PC, eBookMan, Hiebook, MS Reader, MobiReader, PalmReader, HaaliReader.

If the user applies the default options, an e-book is created in two clicks: the first click - to open a corresponding window, the second one - "make book". The default options (say, hyphenations support, margins values, etc) can be easily changed by user after which the program will remember them.

The languages supported: Western Europe, Central Europe, Cyrillic.

Now the 5-th version of BookDesigner is about to be finished. But because I got my iLiad before its finishing, I decided to add the iLiad support to a little bit "wet" 5-th version.

Last edited by vvv; 09-05-2006 at 01:55 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote