View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I've uploaded the first version of my script that automatically fetches the weather as screensaver for my Kindle. As it can be used for other types of images as well, I've selected a more generic name. But for me, the primary purpose was to replace the Kindle side of the "weather screensaver" to fetch the latest weather report even if the device is sleeping, and to display it right away.

I hope others will like this kind of functionality. I am looking forward to reports on how it works on devices other than the PW2, and whether you experienced any problems/bugs/catastrophes. Also let me know if you are missing any feature.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote