View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #1134
tilal6991
tilal6991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Need some help everyone.
My situation:
Kindle is jailbroken
I installed Duokan Lite ages ago (middle of 2012) and used it for a while but never really warmed to it. I forgot to uninstall it properly though - I just deleted the DK_System folder and left it at that. It booted fine even though it ocassionally went into Duokan I never thought much about it.
Today I decided to give it another shot. I read up on the latest install guide and thought that since I'd already flashed DK once, I wouldn't need to install the bin files again.
What has happened:
Basically the Kindle 3 boots, goes straight to Duokan's autoinstaller, "sucessfully" installs and then reboots straight back to the the autoinstaller. It loops like this forever and there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it.
I can't access the Kindle's memory to remove the autoinstall script.
Edit: Also if I press Shift Shift Space I can see Launchpad come up with a "success" message. Not sure if that helps or hinders things.

Edit: would factory reseting remove the DK_System folder? http://www.frankcoles.com/journalism...start-a-kindle

Edit: Fixed it! Factory reset did the trick!

That's basically the situation. I'm a bit freaked out but any help is of course appreciated!

Last edited by tilal6991; 05-13-2013 at 05:24 PM.
tilal6991 is offline   Reply With Quote