View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #29
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
-bcgirl, great question, interesting thread.

My first was a kindle keyboard 3g, and I still use it on hot summer days by the pool. I figure if I drop it in the water...oh well. But I havent and it still works as smoothly as the day I got it.

My second was the original Kindle Fire, followed quickly by a Samsung Gtab 10.1. I dont use either of those any more for books because the "flashlight-shining-in-my-face" effect cooks my eyes if I engage those for a long reading session.

My next ereader, my fourth, is a Kindle Paperwhite and I love it. I read with it pretty much daily. For finding books, getting them quickly and pure reading enjoyment I score it an A+.

Curiosity and a desire for a really portable ereader led me to an impulse purchase of the kobo mini. So impressed was I with this little guy that I went out and bought a Kobo Glo so I could synch the two and read the same book in the dark. There are some Kobo features I really enjoy and switching back and forth from Kindle to Kobo is kind of a kick.

So, my final tally is 6. I wont buy another traditional back lit tab to read on but I may one day go for a nook, if they update their dedicated ereader. What would be really cool is for Kindle, Kobo, or Nook (or anyone really) to come out with a ultra portable glo/paperwhite type screen. I would buy at least one of those!

By the way, my count doesn't include the ereaders I've bought my wife - guess what she is getting for Christmas?
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote