View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #33
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Wow! Yesterday I posted on the Overdrive blog about how much I disliked this new redesign. Got an email response from someone in the PR/Media Relations group!
What did they say?

In the video, they said that the goal is fewer clicks (and they talked about "one click borrowing" while clicking twice! ha ha). But it does seem that with less information presented on the list pages, it takes more clicks to get information. It is odd that the thumbnail is taking precedence over everything else, and also the thumbnails are so squished together. Why not add another line between rows, and then there would be room for the whole book title?

The video shows filters after a search, but I guess they haven't implemented that yet, because I don't see it when I do a search. I hope the filters let me check off "Adobe epub" and "open epub" at the same time. It has always bugged me that I can search for one or the other, but not both. I just want to see epubs! I also hope that filters appear on the "recently added" view.

The dark gray/light gray book cover icons in the upper right (to indicate if a book is available for checkout or not) are WAY too subtle. And I have very good vision! And why does the flag icon show a state for wishlist, but not for on hold?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote