View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Ababakar
Ababakar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reader for RSS-feeds and maybe some epub-books

Hi there,

first i thought about an ereader for reading scientific documents (biochemistry - so some pictures + chemical formulas) - and was ready to pay a bigger amount for the reader - but as they are mainly pdf and this seems to be a problem i changed the use for the reader:

I am also reading a lot of abstracts only -
an example
so handling rss-feeds would be the main use for the reader.
Downloading them in the morning/evening - and as it takes me an hour from/to work - i would use the time for reading and working with the feed entrys.

The pictures don't have to be shown perfect- the text is more important.
Also it would be nice to bookmark interesting abstracts (feed entrys) to read the whole article later on tablet/desktop.
A dictionary (german english for some words) would also be good. And maybe the possibility to take some notes.
Also i would prefer if the reader could use epub - as i got a calibre (using linux - if this matters) library where i would want to test to convert some books from pdf.

Beside the feeds for my work i would also use this for some "normal" news feeds.

Before i was thinking about the Sony PRS-T2 or the Onyx Boox i62 - but as i thing rss feeds are a task a lot of readers may handle quite well also some of the readers costing less than 100 Euros are in for the race.

Which one would you suggest me??

Last edited by Ababakar; 10-31-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: more gerneral
Ababakar is offline   Reply With Quote