View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mac users that are Reader owners, help a new Mac owner

After years away from Mac's (last time was the Power PC days) I'm the proud owner of a new MacBook Pro. Since obviously the Sony software doesn't work with Mac OS I plan to use libprs500 for transferring files to the Reader (I already used it for conversion). Any other software for Mac I need?

I buy Lit's & convert for my books. I know MS Reader doesn't work on a Mac right? I do have access to PCs so that shouldn't be a biggie. I do own a copy of Windows XP so I suppose I could use that with Bootcamp to run MS Reader as well.

Since I don't buy books from Sony, I really am not seeing a downside to the Reader in conjunction with a Mac. Am I missing anything?

On a non Reader note. Any essential software I should look into? As I said it's been a long time since I paid much attention to all things Mac.

What's the deal with .mac is it worth $100 a year?

Would you recommend the Apple Care warranty? Why? (note: I generally don't buy things like that)

Thanks!
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote