View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
What is it about trading with strangers that turns you off? If it is completely legal, whats the difference between trading with strangers online than a friend you know offline?
The difference is simple: the lender must know the borrower's email address (at least with Amazon's lending implementation) and I only use one email address. I have no desire to go through the hassle of setting up disposable email addresses that I can safely distribute to strangers. Not to mention the email address I would have to create just to sign up for your experimental website.

No offense, but I see many of these sites becoming the very type of thing that got the original version of Napster in trouble. What kind of checks and balances will you provide to ensure that people aren't using your site to spread pirated copies of ebooks?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote