View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
GlassX
Connoisseur
GlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitel View Post
Well, here is what my program can do right now:
29_362.out.pdf
I took your file, GlassX, and tried to reflow it. Of course it needs a lot of improvement, but it shows the principle behind graphical reflow. I want it to fit text and everything within given screen size and orientation. This example is in portrait mode, but you can as well reflow it in landscape mode. Font size, or zoom level depends on the output page size only (pixels) and can be chosen arbitrarily. If input pages have columns and sections, in most cases they will be parsed. Some problems remain with text surrounding images and text in tables without vertical lines, the text can be a little off or jagged. It happens because the program thinks it is an ordinary paragraph and not an element of a table or picture.
Sorry for not answering earlier, I'm a bit busy these days. It looks OK, tables will always be a problem I guess but it looks promising.
GlassX is offline   Reply With Quote