View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 03:19 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Some of the sites that use Gutenberg as a source but do quite a bit of work cleaning up the ebooks, adding decent covers, etc. are, to me, are at least adding some value added. Then we have the scammers who strip Gutenberg's boilerplate, add nothing and think they should be paid for this.
I'm not saying that everyone is a scammer. MR itself has members who cleanup ebooks from Gutenberg, add on covers and fix the TOC's among other things. I just meant that there are some people who likely do as I have said. I can't recall if it was here or somewhere else I saw a post about it. As soon as something new is invented or devised someone somewhere will start thinking of ways to use it to scam others alas.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote