View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #23
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
arjaybe: I have a Thinkpad, but it's a Lenovo, not IBM. I think the keys have scissor switches. It's an oldish one (about 7 years, I think) and has the traditional Thinkpad keys, not the island type. I always liked the keyboard, until some keys stopped registering. I hate the style of the new Thinkpads; if I have to buy one, I'll use an external keyboard. What you've said about the Unicomp is more or less what the keyboard reviewer said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-vRZth7SI

I just wish they made a TKL version.

As I've said, the electric I had (and still possess, but the A dropped off) was a Smith Corona Electra Automatic. They're frequently available on ebay, but useless if the typing can't be transferred to a laptop. I tried to lift it recently and was amazed by the weight; it's heavier than the two laptops I have put together.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote