View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
That sounds like a WYSIWYG editor with a side pane code view, and you can only edit the code.

But I get your idea. It sounds nice. It possibly has a few problems... for instance, you're display the same text twice on the screen. Seems more than a bit redundant. And if you make the display or markup view collapsible, you get a WYSIWYG editor again.
What I hate in NVU for example, is the way it just plays around with your code. For example the mobi pagebreak code will be changed without any notice to you. Therefore Kovid's idea with the permanent code view seems like a great idea to me. For advanced users, you could easily do a search and paste over the whole file or files and work a lot faster while still seeing the result of your work in real time.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote