View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
That looks like a soft slip cover behind the Kindle 2. I much prefer a hard cover, although the Kindle cover has its flaws.
The article says it comes with a pouch. My opinion is that it wouldn't protect the screen from damage. And, when I read on my Kindle, I fold the cover back and hold *that* rather than the side of the Kindle. I don't like reading on it without the cover. Yeah, it fell out a couple of times until I fixed the plastic tab thingy that keeps the Kindle in the cover.

A newly designed Kindle should have cover attachment designed into it -- the Sony 505 has an ideal solution. If this truly is the next generation of the Kindle, then Amazon hasn't learned a thing from its current user base nor from the many reviewers who have been so critical of its lack of sleekness. The one shown in this article is even clunkier than the original.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote