View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #56
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartleyshc View Post
***Sorry for the doublepost. I don't even see an edit option, and when I forced an edit (editpost.php) it says I have a 5 minute time frame to edit my post, which is longer than it takes for an admin to approve my post. So sorry for this, but Ill forget to post tomorrow. ***

Anyways, found a bug.
Streams will actually overlay on top of each other. I added WSKY, and it was kind of fun to hear Coast to Coast AM with classical music playing in the background.

Because of this, I added
Code:
killall sox
rm /var/tmp/bookmark
rm /var/tmp/progress
to the beginning of the playinternetradio.sh

I added the rm bookmark and progress lines as well because it looks from your code that it will still be counting since the bookmarks code is based on the time between started and when the bookmark is saved. So if the user hits the bookmarks button later, it would still add on the time they were listening to internet stream and not the (assumed) audio book. Figured its better to listen to a part of the book again, instead of skipping past whole sections of the audio book.
Had you used the "Stop playing media" to stop the currently playing stream before selecting a new one? I guess I was expecting users to do so as opposed to simply killing any running sox process.

The bookmark and progress files are ignored by the internetradio script as there is no way to bookmark a live stream. In fact your modification will erase the bookmark for the last played local media.

I will consider adding the killall sox to the start of the two scripts to address the case where the user attempts to start a playback when one is already running.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote