View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
On my KT and Glo, when I finish a book, it disappears from the home screen
You (and davidfor) are quite right in this - I've never noticed, as it's never happened to me (as I never read to the very last page of publishers info/acknowledgements).

But none of this really has much to do with the original suggestion, which was about added books knocking recent reads off the Home screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Yes, when I add a mass of new books, it does wreak havoc on the home screen but I simply go to the recent reads sort and open the books I am currently reading to add them back to the home screen.
Yes, I imagine we all go hunting through the library for our current books when this happens - but surely this is what the Home screen is for, providing quick and easy access to the books we need quick and easy access to?

I don't think you're alone in adding several books at a time, as (from other threads) many other people seem to have the same problem of losing their current book. This happens to me quite a lot, as (apart from the previously mentioned tweaking of metadata) I also add multiple work documents (Word docs converted to epub etc), all of which now go onto a Work shelf - but despite the fact that I may not have opened them yet, they still fill up the Reading list and bury my current leisure book.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote