View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 07:30 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
One of the things I enjoyed in Part 1 was the reference to other novels and authors that I did not know. For example his list of the typical types of bland, non-critical thinking books one reads for entertainment on a ship or the quote below. I would like to check out some of these other books. Bret Harte's tales of the California Gold Rush sound exciting and exactly the type of old adventures that my husband and I like to read together (especially since I live in the Wild West).
Quote:
Freetown had a Bret Harte air without the excitement, the saloons, the revolver shots or the horses.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote