View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #106
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I would like to just use the credit card but it wont accept it for buying ebooks (but did to buy the gift card). I am using the alwaysVPN for the complete transaction. The amounts have been deducted from the gift cards, and the books appear in the PC and iphone BN reader but it wont allow me to download them as I havent verified the credit card! Yet the same credit card allowed me to buy the gift cards in the first place. BN sent me this stupid email saying I can only read them on a BN reader. Duh, I know that, but even the BN reader cant read them. And I have put a US address to the credit card as well. Maybe they have stopped this? My IP address shows I am in New York.
A bit late, but I did not see your post earlier.
The B&N DRM uses your credit card number and name to encrypt the books when they are downloaded. For this to work you need to register a credit card as default credit card in your account. You have registered the credit card in your account, but you probably have not made it the default credit card of the account yet. Because of this the books cannot be downloaded.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote