View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenflight View Post
However I hear Sony will be supporting Adobe Digital Editions- which runs fine on my Mac.
Any idea if this Adobe support will be added to existing Sony readers or only to some future reader?
I don't know why MobiPocket is ignoring the Mac. I understand why they might not want to support generic Linux desktops (too many variants), but it would seem relatively easy to port and support their Java-based e-reader on the Mac.

Digital Editions gets bonus points for already supporting the Mac and promising Linux support this year. However, it can only be as good as the DRMed formats it supports. Going forward they have EPUB, but for existing content this means DRMed PDFs. I don't have any experience with existing Adobe e-books, but if they are not reflowable then they won't look good on the Sony. One way to test this would be to open Digital Editions in a 600x800 pixel window on your Mac and see how well it handles an old Adobe e-book.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote