View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshajan View Post
Here's how I do it: first I convert the PDF to HTML with Mobipocket Creator [free download], and then I use Ebookwise Librarian to convert the HTML to imp.
This works fine for books that contain just plain old text.
If the .pdf is DRM-free and was originally produced by Word or similar, then Mobipocket Creator v4.2 works well enough to create a .html with some limited image support. For more info, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...403#post286403 or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...628#post271628

Quote:
If you have books with lots op graphics I think you can use PDF read, that incorporates them. It does take along time to convert and the resulting file is big, I've converted a 200 page book [no graphics] with PDF read and the file was 30 Mb, that's half my memory card
PDFRead will only create images from the non-DRM'ed .pdf pages; no words or text will be extracted. It's meant mainly to be used as a last resort; when all else fails. But at least you HAVE this option when the need arises!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote