View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #53
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@derangedhermit: I've downloaded CQ, and will be trying it out this weekend. I have to check on those resizing algorithms, I don't know what most of them do!

@SBT: How many second chances to chase the future do any of us have? . I'm going to be redoing Huckleberry Finn, Roughing It, and others changing from 600px wide to 800px wide (or maybe a bit wider, haven't quite decided). Most of the Twain books I have done are *very* image heavy, and book size will skyrocket, so I'm probably going to have to split them into two volumes to stay under MR's upload limit.
I don't know if it is the best thing to do, but I have usually set a max-width in pixels on my illustrations so they can't display more than 150% of the native size. They might be too small for hi-res displays, but at least that keeps them from upscaling so huge that they look totally ugly.

@freeshadow: I will take another look at RIOT. I tried it once a long time back, but my PSP got files sizes as good or better, so I set it aside. Maybe the newer version does better.

@Tex: I wish there was a way to keep my images at original size, but the file-size is just too intimidating for my purposes. I doubt that anyone would want to download a public domain book with 100 - 350 png illustrations weighing 1 - 5 MB each. (most are around 2500 px to 3500 px wide). Now if anyone ever invents a breed of svg that does "photo-real" stuff...
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote