View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Or it could be that they bought it so a competitor could not (for example, Microsoft, which could bring out an ereader device if Nook actually becomes part of them).
Uh, Amazon's pockets aren't deep enough to outbid Microsoft on anything they really want.

Plus the rumor dujour has an unnamed Microsoftie denying any interest in taking over Nook.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...edia-purchase/

My, I was somewhat skeptical of the original rumor (mostly over the quoted price) and I'm skeptical about the debunking, but both reports are out there.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote