View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #1380
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Jade Aislin - Without experimenting, I don't really know. You'll have to try each to see. FYI, for < > you should use &lt; &gt; Otherwise it wouldn't show up correctly inside the epub/html/etc. I expect that one may be best.
I didn't have a problem with < >. When I checked the different symbols using notpad ++ with Python language, the { } lit up the same way that ( ). So, I think the brackets may have some meaning in Python. The < > did not light up, so I used those.

I tried it on one of the ships that contains a name with the < >. It went from: implied Sam/Frodo=>Sam <Samwise Gamgee>/Frodo Baggins=>Frodo Baggins/Sam <Samwise Gamgee> with no problem. It doesn't seem like the &lt; is needed, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That does give me an idea for a new FFDL feature, though. I've always had the test1.com adapter that returns dummy stories for testing output and metadata process testing. I could make maybe that configurable so you could set the title, author(s), ships, characters, etc, etc for a test story URL to try out different things without hitting real servers over and over.
That would be great. I've always had trouble using the test dummy. I've mostly used it to find errors in my code that won't let it run rather than making sure that the output is correct. I would have to sort through the examples that are in the file already before I could figure out what I trying to test. There's been I few times I started writing replacement code for some of the examples in the test file. If I could input what I'd get from the actual site easily, it would be easier to figure out how to get the output I want.