View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
If the designation is relevant to the site in question, then no, it's not snobby at all. Here at MR, we have a mix of readers and writers discussing things about books and such things in a signature are both relevant and welcome. (However, you might want to limit your links - while I believe your sig is within the size limit, it looks a bit unwieldy. Just my opinion, of course.)

If the designation is not relevant to the site in question, it can be seen as off-topic marketing. In fact, some forums / discussion sites do not have a signature function because they specifically do not want people "tagging" their posts with such things.

My advice is to see what the tone about this sort of thing seems to be on various sites. What do the regulars do? Are such signatures commonly used that way there?

If by "another forum" you meant a different sub-forum here on MR... well, there are far worse signatures here than yours, and some people actually appreciate knowing when someone is a writer. I plan to make note of it once I get around to publishing.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote