View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #348
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Heh, yes! I admit that due to my unfortunate experiences with various PW's that is always my first thought.

I think part of how happy someone is with their PW is often going to come down to how color sensitive one is. I have seen people on here and other forums post photos of their PW's and say the screen is perfect and they're happy with it, but when I look at the pics of their perfect PW's I see tons of colors. It surprises me that they see it as perfect. It's great for them that they do, but for me it wouldn't be the case and I would be unhappy with the device.

Therefore, while I agree most people seem to be happy with their PW in the Amazon ratings, the ratings hold little value to me personally because of this.

I didn't even know I was more color sensitive than others until I looked at my first Paperwhites, so at least something good came out of the returns merry-go-round: I learned something about myself.
I actually wish I were less color sensitive, as the color blotches on my PW have gotten more pronounced in the past two months.

Last edited by xendula; 02-09-2013 at 10:44 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote