View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Honestly, I forgot about this thread. But thank you for revamping it, I have always been quite shocked --- talking with fellow pros and amateurs --- that they do not know Lucifox!
I'm not. Lucidor.org is a content free placeholder now, and I had to poke around to find a mirror for the version of Lucidor I have running under Ubuntu. (There was an 0.9.7 version I found for Windows, but I couldn't find a copy later than 0.9.1 for Linux.)

I exchanged email with the author a while back, and he was talking about moving into electronic publishing, with work on Lucidor suspended. (I have no idea how that worked out.)

Lucifox is a fairly old version, if the FF addon version corresponds to the version on Lucidor itself. Still, if seems to work well enough, and handles what I've thrown at it.

No one has been actively promoting Lucidor/Lucifox for quite some time, so the lack of knowledge is no surprise. Pity, since Lucifox is in many respects a better option for a Firefox resident ePub reader.

(I emailed the EPUBreader author about my dislikes, and got an "I understand your concerns, but I'm not going to address them." reply. His call.)

I'm just happy Lucifox is still available on the Mozilla addons site so I can point folks at it.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote