View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
What if the frame were the same color as the screen? Wouldn't the outer edge of the device be the outer edge of the page, just like a book?

A device that absolutely positively enforces a minimum margin greater than a couple of pixels or so is wasting display space. Amazon only has 3 margin settings. I don't see how anyone would be harmed by a 4th that would provide a truly minimal margin.
Not for me no. A paper page is all the same, same texture, same everything Any kind of frame on a reader, no matter the color will be separate so its like a frame. I would never like having the text run right into that. I just wouldn't like that. Wouldn't be like a book at all to me. The book is whats inside the frame for me.
I don't have any need to squeeze every milimeter of space out of my pages. I don't see the point of that. It would not even be a word, just a couple of letters.

I want it to be a pleasant experience is what matters to me. But no, of course there is no harm for them to add it, I just don't think its something a lot of folks have asked for. Just like they don't care that I want my status bar back they took away when they introduced the paperwhite. My K3 and basic with buttons still has it. But I am sure I am in the minority wanting it back, so I deal, grumbling
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote