View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
1) Go into the css and insert
Code:
body {
  widows: 1;
  orphans: 1;
}
2) Make sure that the top and bottom margins for normal paragraphs are set to 0, and that scene breaks (a pause in the text to indicate a break in the narrative) are indicated by setting the margin-top value to the line-height (which defaults to 1.2em) on the paragraph that follows a break. The yawning gulfs you have between paragraphs in the pictures are just a waste of space and their margins aren't synced with the baseline grid, meaning the text wanders around.

It's not an ADE issue. ADE may have a few problems, but I don't know why people blame it for epubs that have been poorly typeset.
Well, I personally blamed it on ADE because I saw the gap in the middle of a paragraph and it was a pretty impressive gap (see screenshots). The first shows the gap at the medium font size, the second is the same text at small font size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen135.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	50815   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen136.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	50816  
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote