View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Investigate metadata plugboards it might help you obtain your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
I wish that I could manage that in Calibre. The books were saved off of the Paperwhite in the library and the metadata edited to reflect series numbers, but that doesn't translate back to anything useful on either my Kindle DX, PPW or the Kindle app on my iPad.
How unfortunate. If I wasn't able to manage such things in calibre and have that transfer easily over to my device I would own a different device. All of the Sony devices I owned, automatic metadata / collection creation was key to their integration with calibre.

I decided I wouldn't buy another device until I was sure this integration with calibre was easily obtainable. Once I saw that Chaley (developer who largely refined the Sony integration, among other things, with calibre) and his son were creating a Android app to connect a Android device to calibre I knew this tight integration with calibre would follow. I literally decided to purchase my Nexus 7 based largely on the fact that this App was about to be developed. I wasn't disappointed.

That said I'm sure there are methods / plugins / metadata plugboards that might help you accomplish your goal.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-27-2013 at 12:32 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote