View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
That should make it a snap to clear up, then. I did this with my iOS Kobo app and Kobo Touch, but it should work with any of the other Kobo apps...

1. Pull any sideloaded content from your device, to make things easier.
2. Go to your Kobo app, let it sync, and delete all the shelves.
3. Sync the app.
4. Sync the device.
5. Sync the app.
6. Delete any new shelves that appeared in the app.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 until you have nothing to do in step 6.
8. Create new shelves and populate them. Doesn't matter whether you do this from the app or device, but sync the new shelves "up" before syncing the other platform to pull them down.
You missed a step: Buy an iPad or Android device. CorpseGoddess has stated at the beginning of the thread that she doesn't have one.
Quote:
Note that you're not doing anything on the device during this process except syncing it.

Ad I recall, the only shelf I wasn't able to kill that way was Shortlist, which is baked in. Even so, I got rid of its duplicates.

The shorter process, if you don't have an app to work with, is this:

1. Connect your Touch to your computer.
2. Browse to the .kobo directory and rename the .sqlite database to a different extension, so the reader can't find it.
3. Disconnect and sync.

That should generate one fresh, clean copy of your kepub database with one set of shelves.
As CorpseGoddess has just done a factory reset, this is effectively where she started today. The duplicated shelves are on the server and are put onto the device during the sync. If the shelves are empty at the time, they don't show up. But, adding a book to one, adds them to all and suddenly the duplicates appear. Plus the safer way to do this is to logoff on the device. This will create the fresh database and restart the device safely.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote