View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #84
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Why would you ask a biologist? That would be like asking a cosmologist about "inflation" when the word was used in the context of economics.

Just because the adjective subnivean is used to describe a climate or habitat in biology in no way means that it is incorrect to use it in other contexts.

ApK
If you buried your ereader in the ground, would you say it was subterranean? If you dropped it in the pool, would it be a submarine ereader? I think not. In the same way, I wouldn't use subnivean to describe your ereader if you jammed it into the middle of a snowbank. I think those words are used to describe a thing's proper place, and not just its present location.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote