View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #116
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Following up to this post that someone made on the Amazon discussion boards:

Well I finally got some satisfactory answers from Amazon. I had to return my fourth Kindle Paperwhite - 3G w/o special offers Kindle PW, as well as my previous three wifi with special offers. I received a phone call from a rep from a special Kindle Paperwhite team and was informed that Amazon and Jeff Bezos are well-aware of the issue of the discoloration of the screens. She said it is a huge issue and they are working to resolve it ASAP. She told me they are manufacturing new Kindle PaperWhites and are making adjustments to the LED lights - which is the reason for the problem, according to the engineers. She said she would stay in contact with me and when they have the new Kindle PaperWhites with no screen issues, she will have one sent out to me immediately. She is also extending my return time to 90 days and said not to worry that even if it goes beyond that time period when the newly manufactured PWs are available, I will be sent one. (But I sure HOPE it doesn't take that long!)
--------------------------------------------------------

Well, I spoke to Andrew from Amazon Kindle tonight and he wouldn't confirm anything like this at all so I'm really not sure what to think. Sigh.