View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
A question for Kolenka, what colour is the light on your KPW? From what I can see, of the pictures of good KPWs on this forum, all have a bluish light.
Auto white-balance on cameras can screw photos up and over/under saturate, so a hasty photo can and will be wrong. I took a couple shots in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=89. It looks blueish, but the white balance is off quite a bit.

When at full blast, it does look a touch cool with indoor lighting. When low for night reading, it looks a bit on the warm side. It is a weird effect, probably due to the off-white background of the eInk. But the thing is that the Nook Glow I had stayed cool at any brightness. The background stayed pretty much "grey" at any brightness too. With the PW, the background itself seems to go from "grey" to "white" with the light on. It's just really hard to find words to describe the differences.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote