View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Quite simply, because this is a hobby, and people do what they are interested in, not necessarily what you are interested in.

You can always start learning and do it for yourself -- or pay a developer to do it for you.
@ixtab: Well said!

@all: Actually, one of my MANY unfinished projects is a native mode touchscreen keyboard (also K4 compatible with 5-way pad), that exports a virtual event device so that keyboard-dependent programs can be EASILY ported to the new kindles. I thought that it should be configurable to send K3 or DX keycodes (or event standard desktop AT-keyboard keycodes), so that some programs the read the event device location from a config file (or that search for the keyboard device) would not even need to be recompiled.

Of course, somebody might beat me to it, but so far JoppyFur has only implemented his keyboard as an integrated part of a terminal program rather than as a virtual device.

A virtual keyboard should make porting any keyboard-dependent program MUCH easier to port to the K4 and K5. Does anybody here want to show us THEIR version of what I just suggested?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote