View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #237
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwfleming View Post
It struck me while I was reading copyblogger that all salesmanship consists of 1. making their mouth water 2. asking for the order. But almost no ever asks for the order in blogging or, for that matter, Indie Author content marketing.
It seems to me that getting the order is easy compared to getting their mouths to water; the web has regularly demonstrated that if people want your stuff, they'll get it by hook or by crook. So you just need to make them want it in the first place. Spreading the word about what's so mouth-watering about your book is the trick to master.

Possibly a better strategem than asking for their order might be convincing them to buy it honestly; that is, that you are a nice enough guy that they won't want to just steal from you. This impacts social stage fright: Stop thinking about how many people are staring at your pages and books, and what they think of your content. Instead, think about the impression you're leaving behind: If it's a good one, they'll cut you some slack on the content, and they're more likely to tell others about you (although, if you've already got thousands of followers, you've basically licked that part).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote