View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
At least his opinion is more informed than the other articles that have been posted here. I think he's right in many respects. The advantages MP3 players over electronic book readers have is spot on, books are already portable.

But not completely... I usually head out to Florida for a few weeks at the end of the year, with the intention of doing as little as possible. By November this year I should be very used to my Cybook and buying electronic books etc, and I'd imagine by then I could have 30 or 40 paid books that I haven't read yet, and likely at least the same amount of "free" books, classics etc that I haven't got around to reading. Normally if I was going out to Florida I'd take 2 or 3 books and buy some more over there. This year I'll have a mini-library with me.

He's also right about the pickup rate on electronic books. But 10 years is a very long time. The iPod was first launched in 2001, and who these days doesn't know what an iPod is? Who couldn't identify one? That's only been 7 years.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote