View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
do you know the difference between the -C2 (Kindle huffdic compression) command-line option in KindleGen versus the -C1 (standard DOC compression) option?
It affects the compression algorithm used on the text. The huffdic algorithm, in general, will compress more than the standard DOC compression. If your book is text only, it'll probably make quite a bit of difference. But if most of the size of your book is from the illustrations, the effect will be less noticeable.

I'd always use the huddfic compression for a file I'm uploading to Amazon. But while I'm tweaking a book and testing it, I always use -c0 (no compression), as it's so much quicker to compile the book.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote