View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #9
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
Although I personally enjoy reading news and articles on my Zire 71 via Plucker and Sunrise, I don't think I have the attention span to read an entire ebook. On the other hand, I prefer an audio book, via Audible instead since I can listen to the book while I'm doing whatever, commuting, etc.

I guess it's not the same reading something in a hard copy format like a newsapaper or a physical book as opposed to viewing it in electronic format, like a computer screen, PDA whether it's online or from the hard drive. It's a personal thing. Although, there has been a conversion of the "printed" newspaper format available online nowadays, it almost still isn't the same. But, I do like the printed format of the newspaper as opposed to the online layout of most internet newspaper sites.

I think if they really want the ebook idea to work or make it become more popular, they really need to drop the price. I personally can't justify paying about the same price for an ebook when I can get the hardcopy at a bookstore. A book still looks nice on a shelf and gives me a feel of physical ownership. It costs the publishers way less to create an ebook (no paper, printing costs) yet the price of ebooks are too expensive in my view, even with all the constant discounts at offered at Palm Digital Media or Fictionwise.

If I wanted an ebook I'd search through Memowise or Project Gutenberg first. Or, like I mentioned already, pay for my Audible copy, if available.

Last edited by maceyr; 11-25-2004 at 11:42 PM.
maceyr is offline   Reply With Quote