View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #26
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
My Palm IIIxe loses power even when "off", going through a set of batteries every two weeks or so. Is the situation better with more recent Palm hardware? I like being able to sync my portable calendar with the one my co-workers can see online, but I'm tired of changing batteries all the time.
Newer Palm hardware does have much better battery life. It is now subject to self-discharge rechargeables rather than easily replaceable AAA batteries so you still need to charge it every once in a while so you still can't toss it in a drawer. When it is on it consumes much more than the PalmIII due to the color screen and full time backlight. Some of the Palms can now fully run down without losing any data so they could be tossed in a drawer but would need hours of recharge time before use. I just keep mine in the cradle on a charger.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote