View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 09:52 AM   #60
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No. Loads of keyboards have the same size enter key and simply one less key on USA version. If a USA Keyboard DOES have the same number of keys as UK or International you can actually load ANY keyboard driver and simply remark some keys. The standard 1 key less USA keyboard ONLY works properly for USA English driver.
If it was at the other end of the row the two shift keys would be similar sized and about 2.5 keys wide.
The | ZCVBNM<>? row is still the shortest on a UK (or other European layout). It's just the |\ is at the wrong side.
And Backspace is way too big on most keyboards.
Sure, some ISO boards have bar shaped enter but they STILL have a cut down left shift and "|" because some ISO boards do. Why else put that there?

I can't use an ISO keyboard to map every key on a JIS Japanese keyboard as it's still missing 4 keys. So no, ISO doesn't work perfectly for every language layout. And as I previously mentioned China uses ANSI layout and it works fine to type Chinese, so US layout boards do more than just English.

I'm guessing by your desire to further cut down shift and backspace you're not a touch typist. Making those keys harder to hit with your pinky for the sake of 1 or 2 keys that would be completely pointless for typing English or programming and is just hurting ergonomics on already bad ergonomics.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote