Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:46 AM   #34
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Whether it is a feasible use of the time and skills of the Guys in Kiev(tm) is a Pocketbook Global management decision. I'm not holding my breath (hence my blue sky comment) but I'm not giving up the hope that there's enough of us old PDA-reader veterans out there to make it worth their time to add LIT support.

After all, "maybe the horse will sing".

Fair'nough?

Peace!
Fair enough.

Admittedly, I still don't see that it should be necessary. I have a ton of books in .lit format as well. I simply ran them through Calibre into another format—into mobi back when I only had a Kindle and now into epub.

MS Reader has been all but abandoned by Microsoft—there hasn't been an update in almost 3 years, which is forever in software terms. Even though there are a lot of .lit books out there, it is a dying format. You might as well convert your books now, to something that will be around in 10 years and supported by the reader you buy in the future.

Just my opinion anyway.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote