View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #143
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveman View Post
I am having an annoying issue which is driving me crazy.

Got a new Kobo Glo which is great!!

I have set up the plugboards and everything and it worked with my old Kobo with no issues.

I use the folowing:
{author_sort}/{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
That looks more like a save template than what you would use for a metadata plugboard. Is that correct?
Quote:
set on automatic management
I sent books to the memory card but only selected books went onto shelves.
What do you mean by "selected books"? Do you simply mean that not all of the books appeared on shelves? You have configured a shelf column and then put values in the column for all the books?
Quote:
Also, in the listing on the KOBO, where series is listed, if there is no series, there is a letter which represents the first letter of the book title (I have not seen this before).
I thought I had sorted this out. It is related to putting the series in the save template and having series as a shelf column. And for books that are not in the calibre library. Or at least, that was the only way I could reproduce it. Does that agree with what you are seeing? If so, I thought I had swatted that bug, but I'll have another look on the weekend.

Quote:
every time I plug in the KOBO into my computer, it is sending metedata to the device (I have 800 Books)
When you connect the device it does two things. The first is to collect details of the books. The second, the sending metadata job, is to update the shelves and series information on the device. This goes through the books and checks if anything has changed and updates the device database if needed. Are you concerned about what it is doing, or how long it is taking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveman View Post
What is strange is when I add new books and then disconnect and reconnect and add more books, the shelves are created. But not always
That is strange. There should be no reason the shelves are not setup for a book when it is first sent to the device. And if you change them afterwards in calibre, they should get updated the next time the device is connected. Can you see any sort of pattern for it?

Last edited by davidfor; 03-22-2013 at 02:25 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote