View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #85
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
This is almost perfect.
I have added to librerator (in filechooser.lua) an option to copy the current file from its location inside /mnt/us/books to /mnt/us/documents. And this works as expected.
You can do something similar without modifying filechooser.lua. Maybe I didn't advertise this feature enough . It works on Kindles with keyboard (K4NT owners - sorry, this is unavailable to you).

Lacking better name, let's call this feature "favorite locations". It works like this: open filechooser, and go to a directory of your choosing - let's say, "Books". Now press Shift-P. You'll get a "Location saved" dialog. Now go to some other directory, let's say "Novels". Press Shift-O.

Now, every time you press "P" in FileChooser, it will go to "Books", and when you press "O", it will go to "Novels". I think you get the idea - there are 5 saveable locations, keys Y, U, I, O, and P. You save location using Shift and one of these keys, and go to a saved location pressing just one of the keys, without Shift. "Documents" is hard coded on "D" (meaning, every time you press "D" in FileChooser, it will go to "Documents". These locations are remembered when you exit Librerator. So, next time you start it, you just need to press "O" to go to "Novels", for example.

You can't delete this locations, but you can overwrite them - if you want "O" to lead to "Fantasy" now, for example, you just navigate to the "Fantasy" folder, and press Shift-O. After that, every time you press "O", it will go to "Fantasy".

Note: "D" will always go to "documents". You can't overwrite it using Shift-D.

Now, if you want to copy books from "Books" to "documents", you do this (I'll assume you have "books" saved on "P"):

- Press "P". Select the book you want to copy and press Alt-C.
- Press "D". You're in "documents" now. Press Alt-V. Book copied. Repeat as necessary.

Quote:
I have tried to strip down the librerator files to only keep the functionality I need: filechooser with copy to /mnt/us/documents. Is it possible to post such a stripped down version?
It seems that you want to use Librerator just for the file manager. Of course it would be possible to strip it down, but frankly, it's time consuming and I don't want to bother with that. If a few MB more of the space are too much for you, then maybe you should try using Midnight Commander or, for even more space saving, just myts?

Quote:
On a different note, on reading mobi books with librerator: many information on the current book are lost when changing reading properties or at exit or when returning from screensaver mode. I mean: the last position in the book and the bookmarks. It is quite disturbing. I find myself searching page by page just to find out the spot I stopped reading an evening ago. Am I doing something wrong here?
I don't really understand what you mean with "changing properties". If you change font/font size/line spacing - then yeah, that will cause reformating of the document. After reformating, crengine will position you at the page that contains the beginning of the paragraph that was on top of the page when you changed font/font size/line spacing. That paragraph is only guaranteed to be on the screen - not necessarily on top of the screen. Because it position the beginning of the paragraph on the page, a slight drift backwards may occur. That's how crengine handles it. If the text you were at is not on the screen, in 99.99% you just need to press pg_fwd.

Bookmarks work the same. When you set bookmark, the paragraph that was at the top of the screen is marked, and when you go to that bookmark, it will make sure that that paragraph is on the screen - not necessarily at the top of the screen, especially if you changed the font/font size/line spacing in the meantime. If it marked page, it would end up on the wrong ones when you change font/font size/line spacing.

As for the other part, if I don't chage font/font size/line spacing, it goes back to the exact same screen after screen saver kicks in, after I reopen document, or close and then open again Librerator. Maybe you deleted history or cr3cache folder? If you do that, then all the book data will be reset, and it will start from the beginning.

Regards,
Kai771

Edit: After I wrote this post, I tried it again and found out that there is a bug that prevents saving reading progress if you just exit librerator from a book. A workaround is to first close book, and then exit Librerator from File Chooser. I do find it annoying, but I think it's not critical. I'll fix it in the next release. Thanks a lot for reporting.

Last edited by Kai771; 01-24-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote