View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #223
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Koreader looking at the Fat 32 (windows) partition on the internal uSD card can read the .kobo folder because it is not hidden in the FAT 32 file format. If I were to set the hidden attribute, I doubt that Koreader would see that folder. For the same reason, I think nickel, would react the same. Or maybe they both pay no attention to the Hidden attribute. I know that nickel does honor the read and write attributes.
I am not sure whether I understand your problem. Maybe there is also a problem of terminology on my side. It is enough to put a dot at the beginning of the directory name, no need to set a hidden attribute. Nickel does see such directories, for instance .kobo, but it does not scan them for books.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote