View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #120
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I used to think so too. But, every single Windows laptop I had pooped out on me after 2 years tops. My sister is using my first MacBook, a 13 inch white MacBook that I got in 2009, with no signs of trouble.

Macs may be expensive initially, but they hold their value well and have a great resale value as well.
Just to counter that, I know 3 mac owners who have had their mac books die within 2-3 years of purchase. There was also a fairly big issue with a batch of macbooks with NVidia GPUs, Apple offered to replace any that died within 2 years of purchase which didn't help two of my friends who's laptops both suffered the GPU issue just after 2 years of usage.

As for me, my Mac has been fine and still is, but then again so are my windows laptops too. All devices will have a % failure rate, some of us will just be unlucky enough to be the ones making up that number
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote